There are many reasons why couples have difficulty conceiving — irregular menstruation, hormone imbalance, cold uterus, low sperm count, stress, and anxiety to name a few.
Acupuncture focuses on improving the blood supply to the womb, improving the quality of the eggs, regulating the menstrual cycle, and increasing the sperm count and mobility.
The list of conditions treated with acupuncture and Chinese medicine include:
• Elevate follicle stimulation hormone (FSH ).
• Improving quality of eggs.
• Improve the womb’s healthy blood supply.
• Improve the fallopian tubes.
• Repeated miscarriage.
• Unexplained infertility.
• Regulating menstrual cycles.
• Luteal phase defect.
• Hyperprolactinemia (when not caused by a prolactinoma ).
• Aid to IVF – before and after embryo insertion.
• Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS ).
• Increasing sperm count and mobility.
• Associated stress and anxiety.
Acupuncture can also help with IVF as shown in a German study conducted April 2002 which used two groups of woman experiencing fertility problems, to determine the effect of acupuncture on IVF treatments. The study findings showed a successful pregnancy rate of 42.5 per cent in the first group compared to 26.3 per cent in the second group who received no treatment. See www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11937123 for more information.
Clinics are located in Galway, Loughrea, and Tuam. Call 091 539996/086 2159282 for a free, no obligation, consultation. Care Cure specialises in acupuncture, massage, cupping, reflexology, and much more. See www.carecure.ie