A new beauty therapist traineeship will start in Tuam in November. The programme has been running very successfully in Tuam since 1998. Over the years the course has evolved and changed based on the needs of the sector. A very sizeable number of past students are working in salons all over Ireland and abroad and many have opened their own salons and are running very successful businesses. A number of past students have also won prestigious national awards.
The programme runs for 52 weeks full time and certification is provided through the internationally recognised certifying body ITEC, based in London. The following certification is on offer through the programme:
· ITEC beauty specialist diploma (includes skincare and eye treatments, make up, manicure and pedicure, waxing and professional conduct ).
· ITEC holistic massage diploma (including anatomy and physiology ).
· ITEC certificate in Indian head massage.
· ITEC awards in ear candling, skin tanning, and intimate waxing.
· Industry certification in gel nails, advanced make up, hi brows, and lash lift.
Due to the Covid-19 situation a significant element of the course theory will be delivered online this year.
The programme includes work placement in a salon where learners get the opportunity to develop their practical skills to industry standard. This has proven invaluable for getting jobs at the end of the programme as graduates are fully prepared for employment. There are career opportunities in salons, spas, cosmetic sales, cruise ships, etc.
Candidates for the programme should possess Leaving Cert standard of education, preferably with biology, and have a keen interest in people and beauty.
Course fees are paid by GRETB and a training allowance is payable to eligible candidates.
To apply or inquire about this course, visit www.fetchcourses.ie or contact GRETB Training Cetnre on 091 706200. You can also apply through your nearest DEASP/Intreo office.