* Diabetes – higher blood sugar and triglycerides over a long period can damage the nerves in your hands and feet and can cause burning feet.
* Peripheral Neuropathy – or nerve damage in your arms, legs, hands and feet due to certain conditions such as kidney failure, diabetes, some cancer drugs, infections, malnutrition, toxic chemicals and rheumatoid arthritis.
* Athletes Foot (Tinea Pedis ) - this is a fungal infection and as a consequence, it may cause burning and itching.
* B12 deficiency - which is important for healthy nerves and can lead to nerve damage due to different conditions.
* Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome - conditions such as arthritis, fallen arches, bone spurs can cause pressure on the tibial nerve leading to pain and burning.
* Heavy drinking – can and does damage nerves in your feet
* Hypothyroidism – can lead to burning feet, causes are unknown
* Contact Dermatitis – common among hairdressers, mechanics, healthcare workers and florists due to exposure to chemicals, soaps, disinfectants etc.
In our clinic we use a multi-pronged approach in treating this and many conditions with evidence-based therapies such as Physiological Regulating Medicine (P.R.M ), Gut Health and Microbiome restoration, Nutritional and Nutraceutical therapies, Lifestyle Medicine, Natural Hormonal Balancing, Glandular support, Soft tissue and joint support, Complex Homeopathy, Herbals, and Needle-free Medical Acupuncture, Therapeutic Mindfulness and CBT techniques to achieve excellent results.
We acknowledge the contribution of all authors and researchers.
Dr Bhatti is a qualified Medical Doctor with a Postgraduate Diploma from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in Ireland. He has worked in all the main hospitals in Galway, Port Washington Hospital, Milwaukee General Hospital, Wisconsin USA. He has worked in the fields of medicine, chest medicine, surgery, cardiology, orthopaedics, skin, paediatrics, geriatrics, psychiatry and has over 30 years practice and teaching experience in the field of complementary medical care.
DISCLAIMER Always consult your G.P. first for any medical advice and to rule out any serious illness or before starting any new regime or self-treatment. The contents of this article are for informational purposes only and are not intended to prevent, diagnose or cure any medical conditions. The publisher of this article or any information provided on this site including text, graphics, images, cannot be held responsible for any errors or any consequences arising from the use of the information contained in this article or this site or its pages. In case of an emergency always contact your Doctor and the emergency services immediately.