Safe Pass and health and safety courses

In order to work in any type of building or construction site you must have a Safe Pass card. This card is mandatory for many jobs involving maintenance, building, painting, landscaping, etc.

To get your Safe Pass card you must complete a one day course. You do not need previous experience in the building industry to do the course as the focus is on general safety awareness.

The safe pass course is regulated by SOLAS (previously FAS ). Western Management Centre is validated by SOLAS to run the courses. The aims of the programme are to raise the standard of safety awareness in the construction industry and ensure that all personnel can make a positive contribution to the prevention of accidents and ill health while working on any site.

Safe Pass courses are run on a weekly basis in the training centre. Western Management Centre also offers a range of other key health and safety courses that are mandatory for anyone wanting to work in a factory, nursing home, building site, warehouse, security, carer, special needs assistant, etc. These include manual handling, people moving and handling, abrasive wheel mounting, VDU assessor, occupational first aid, CPR and AED, and manual handling instructor course.

Did you know that if you are a fork truck driver you must hold a valid fork truck licence? Courses are run monthly by the centre and are approved by the road transport and industry training board (RTITB ).

Contact the Western Management Centre for additional details on any of the health and safety courses, phone 091 528777, email [email protected] See also the website at


Page generated in 0.0789 seconds.