While management skills are important, they can only take a person so far.
To be at the top of an industry or profession, a person must be able to communicate like a leader. Effective communications is the most career enhancing skill anyone can have.
For more than 25 years, Athenry native Gerardine Lally of Lally & Associates has coached, trained, advised, and mentored senior executives, management teams, and anyone who works in a role in a company that demands continuous updates, host meetings, make presentations, customer reports, or is involved in bids or pitches.
Her client list reads like a who’s who of business and includes multinationals, professional service companies, and start-ups. She has advised on a number of very large infrastructure projects, coached bid teams, prepared for pitches and is a highly sought business coach who works in-house across Ireland, UK and USA. She shares her unique skills set, her practical no nonsense approach and years of expertise with participants who take part on her training courses.
Due to demand, she is running a special one day masterclass in high impact communications / presentation skills.
In this communications training course participants will learn precisely where their strengths and needs for development are, when it comes to communication. The participants will see through the assessment process and goal setting how easy it is to take their skills to a whole new level. Key objectives include:
- Understand how to communicate with confidence and conviction at meetings and updates internally and externally and how to influence at meetings and presentations.
- Improve ability to understand, gauge, deliver the relevant message, and stay on message.
- Improve skills at handling difficult and sceptical audience and allow for cultural differences.
- Understand effective presentation planning; content and substance.
- Improve key communications – verbal and non verbal.
- Increase confidence.
Lally says; "The most effective tool for a successful business is good communications – what you say, how you say it, and how you frame it."
What is achieved?
As a result of this training session the participants will be able to :
- Understand body language and persuasive use of voice.
- Understand how to respond to client updates, internal communications needs with appropriate messages.
- Create impact and convey a professional image.
- How to use visual tools when appropriate.
- Manage meetings effectively and participate with confidence.
Geraldine Lally will host her one day training course on Wednesday March 28 at Clayton Hotel Galway. The course will run from 9.30am to 4.45pm and for those wishing to engage in an interactive style/role play, numbers are limited to six participants.
For more information call 086 2505316 or email [email protected].