Dress yourself slimmer this summer with these clever style tricks.
• Broaden narrow shoulders with a slash neckline top.
• Flatter upper arms — wear kimono sleeves, the fluid fabric will cover your arms while still being feminine.
• Wear patterns — a bigger pattern equals a slimmer figure.
• Wear cropped jackets — they elongate petite figures and accentuate a small waist
• Carry an oversize bag — this instantly makes you look slimmer. A crossover bag will widen a bigger tummy.
• Obi belts are perfect for a nipped in waist.
• Elongate your legs with high waisted shorts with vertical pleats and front pockets.
• A jumpsuit will add inches to your silhouette — wear it with wedges.
• Use colour blocking to break up a long silhouette. This is a huge trend this season. Mix up tops and bottoms.
• To elongate your legs, wear peep-toe and ankle strap-free heels.
• Asymmetric necklines will accentuate your shoulders and your décolletage.
• A long blazer will cover your hips and bum. Roll up the sleeves to show off slim forearms.
• High waisted trousers will flatter your legs and banish the muffin top.
• Flatter a full bust with wrapover necklines.
• A skirt that finishes at the widest part of your calf will flatter skinny legs.
For further information on this article contact Delilah at www.delilahfashionstylist.com The next beauty and fashion teen camp will take place on June 13, 14, and 15. This three-day summer workshop is for girls aged 13 to 18 years. Cost is €65, with a discount available for three or more friends. To book contact PureJoy Beauty on (091 ) 530540.