Acclaimed Famine musical ‘In the Midst of Plenty’ sets a deeply moving story to a full score of new original folk songs
Roscommon-based Enchanted Croi Theatre has recently announced that its new contemporary folk musical ‘In the Midst of Plenty’ will tour across Ireland, beginning with performances at the Mullingar Arts Centre on May 25 and 26, and including Town Hall Theatre Galway on June 7 and 8 and Westport Town Hall Theatre June 13 and 14.
The show features a live on-stage folk band and a cast of 10 of Ireland’s most beloved actors, led by Julie Sharkey and Martin Gilligan. Exploring themes of Irish womanhood, family, community, and rebellion, the production peels back the curtain of time and presents an achingly beautiful story of love and survival in the years of the Great Famine.
Written by California-based folk musician Amy Day, ‘In the Midst of Plenty’ is touring with the support of the Irish Heritage Trust, the National Famine Way, Roscommon County Council, Creative Ireland, Tipperary County Council, the Ireland Funds, and RTE Supporting the Arts. The show will also tour to Cavan, Longford, Sligo, Donegal, Derry, Roscommon, Carlow, Tipperary, and Dublin. Visit www.inthemidstofplenty.com
Enchanted Croi Theatre are giving 3 lucky people the opportunity to win a pair of tickets each (Tickets will be distributed as follows - 2 tickets to Galway Performance, 2 Tickets to Westport Performance and 2 tickets to Mullingar Performance ). All you have to do is answer the question in the form below.
The competition will close on Friday, May 19th, 2023. Ts & Cs Apply* Good Luck to all!
*Terms and Conditions
1. The prize is for 6 tickets to the Famine musical ‘In the Midst of Plenty’ for 3 performances (2 tickets Galway (June 7th & 8th 2023 ), 2 tickets Westport(June 13th & 14th 2023 ) and 2 tickets Mullingar (May 25th & May 26th 2023 ) ).
2. There are only 3 winners of this competition - 2 tickets each.
3. Subject to availability.
4. No cash Alternative & Non-transferable.
5. Once selected, the winner will be contacted by the Galway Advertiser to arrange delivery of the prize.
6. Winners must be over 18 years of age.
7. Entries must be entered online in the form above.
8. Entries not submitted in accordance with these rules will be disqualified.
9. Entry to this promotion shall be deemed full and unconditional acceptance of the terms and conditions.
10. The promoters reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions.
11. Details of the competition winner will be posted on the Galway Advertiser's social media and the winner will be notified by email. You have five days to claim your prize once contacted by email.
11. Closing date for entries is Friday, May 19th, 2023.