Have you thought about which holiday destination you would like to try in 2019? Whether you would love to tick a destination off your bucket list or simply head somewhere new, it is never too late to start planning, the following are just some of the most popular holiday destinations, predicted to be among the travel trends for 2019.
Top 10 destinations for 2019
1. Lisbon: Visit Lisbon for Portuguese tarts, the Belem Tower, and the famous tram, but don't focus all your time in the capital. Make a day trip to Sintra to feel like a princess in a Disney movie, and spend a few nights in Porto to cellar hop and visit the Douro Valley.
2. Malta: This island nation is blessed with beaches, such as the Blue Lagoon, and ancient sites, such as the walled town of Mdina, megalithic temples, and the underground Hal-Saflieni Hypogeum.
3. Turkey: Every travel influencer seems to be visiting Turkey now, and with flights to Bodrum, Izmir, Istanbul, and Marmaris there is never a better time.
4. Japan: Ireland's love affair with Japan is getting deeper and richer. It has something for everybody, from pink-tinged cherry blossoms and powder-soft snow to traditional temples and quirky shopping and fashion. Japan will also host the Rugby World Cup in 2019 and the summer Olympics in 2020, so it is little wonder that G Adventures, Wendy Wu, and Contiki have all tipped it to be big in 2019.
5. Da Nang: This coastal city in Vietnam has a beautiful beach, but is also only an hour's drive from Hoi An. Split your time between both (because you can ) and take the fast route by taxi between each. These are quite inexpensive, so it won't blow too much of that budget .
6. Durban, South Africa: South Africa's tropical coast is destined to draw in beach bums seeking to explore further in 2019, with British Airways predicting Durban as the place to be. Adventure tour company Contiki is also wagering South Africa as the nation to visit for those who prefer to get out and about. It comes in at No 3 on its list of destinations on the rise for 2019, thanks to its panoramic views of Cape Town's Table Mountain and the chance to go on safari.
7. Iceland: Tourists flock to Iceland after seeing its natural beauty on TV. Much like Croatia, Iceland has also benefitted from Game of Thrones – or what has been dubbed ‘set-jetting’ – tourism that is motivated by TV and film.
8. European city breaks: Too many to mention, city breaks let you explore a host of destinations from one to seven nights. To help you relax from start to finish, your return flight and accommodation are included in the price.
9. Orlando is every child’s dream. From hopping aboard the Hogwarts Express at the Universal Orlando Resort, to meeting Minnie and Mickey at Walt Disney World Resort and catching a Broadway show, Orlando has something to excite every member of the family.
10. Portugal: A captivating holiday destination, with a hot climate and a magical Atlantic coastline. With hotspots such as the Algarve, boasting some incredible hotel resorts, a collection of beaches and the Zoo marine theme park, it is great for families. With 300 days of sunshine every year, it is no surprise this is popular location all year round.
Call Corrib Travel on 091 564713 and let the team organise your ultimate holiday.