GRETB Training Centre is recruiting now for a basic instrumentation course. The 10-week full-time day course will start this month.
Instrumentation is used to run, monitor, and control production processes. The course consists of the following:
• Basic electronics: The resistor, capacitor, power, circuit diagrams.
• Basic pressure: Gauge pressure, differential pressure, absolute pressure.
• Basic level: Tanks, specific gravity, bubbler systems.
• Basic flow: Orifice plates, rotometers, vortex meters, electromagnetic flowmeters.
• Basic temperature: Thermostats, RTDs, thermocouples.
During the course you will learn how to install, calibrate, and test process monitoring devices. Learners will compile a portfolio of calibrations throughout the course which will form part of their final exam.
Many of past learners have found work in chemical, food processing, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, or medical device industries. Others have gone on to serve instrument technician apprenticeships or internships.
On successful completion of this course learners will receive City & Guilds certification in working with instrumentation and control systems.
Entry requirements for the course: Applicants will need a Craft Certificate in electrical, fitting, plumbing, or mechanical trades, or a third level engineering qualification.
To apply for the course you can register online at www.gretbtrainingcentre.ie or call to your local Department of Social Protection office. For further information contact GRETB on 091 706200.