The GRETB Training Centre, Mervue Business Park, Galway, is running a healthcare support traineeship course starting this month.
The course is designed to prepare students to work competently, safely, and effectively as healthcare support workers in a variety of settings such as nursing homes, hospitals, and home help support. Healthcare support assistants help people and try to make a positive difference in the lives of their patients. If you have a friendly and caring approach and can relate to people from a wide variety of backgrounds, a career as a healthcare support worker could be the right path for you. The role of a healthcare support worker is never dull as your daily routine varies according to the needs of the individuals you are taking care of.
How will the course benefit the learner?
• It will provide a valuable QQI healthcare support Level 5 certification.
• Develop a range of personal and interpersonal qualities necessary for working in healthcare or a related area.
• Demonstrate good practice in working in the healthcare environment.
• Apply and promote the principles and procedures of health and safety to oneself, others, and the workplace.
• Reflect on personal abilities and aptitudes to work in a healthcare setting.
Applicants should, where possible, have some previous experience working in a care environment. This exposure will help to establish an applicant’s suitability for healthcare as an occupation.
To apply for the course you can register at www.gretbtrainingcentre.ie or call to your local Department of Social Protection office. For further information you contact GRETB on 091 706200.