O’Donnellan & Joyce is offering a tremendous variety of properties throughout Galway city and the surrounding area in its forthcoming auction on December 18.
The auction is commencing at 2pm and will take place in The Harbour Hotel, Galway. According to Anne Harding of O’Donnellan & Joyce this auction has some exceptional properties on offer, from family homes to gilt edged investments, especially around Galway city and the surrounding areas.
The following are some of the family homes which are on offer in Galway.
Doughiska Centre, Galway: An excellent investment opportunity to purchase a commercial development of four retail units with two offices overhead. Three of the units are currently rented to long term tenants, producing an annual rental income of approximately €71,000 with potential for further growth. Open viewing Wednesday and Saturday 3.30pm to 4.30pm. AMV is €700,000.
No 23 St Helen’s Street, Galway: A superb three bedroom semidetached residence close to the city centre. With a little TLC, this excellent property could provide a fabulous family home or a gilt edged investment. Open viewing Wednesday and Saturday 3.30pm to 4.30pm. AMV is €250,000.
No 6 The Cloisters, Nuns Island, Galway: A one bedroom open plan studio in one of Galway's foremost locations. Nuns Island is steeped in history and character, and this property is a one off chance for some lucky purchaser to inherit part of old Galway at its best. Open viewing Wednesday and Saturday 2pm to 3pm. AMV is €85,000.
No 9 The Elms, College Road, Galway: A two bedroom ground floor apartment with own door entrance and a patio to the front. There is communal parking directly outside the entrance. Open viewing Wednesday and Saturday 12.30pm to 1.30pm. AMV is €180,000.
No 11 Barr na Carraige, Fort Lorenzo, Galway: A superb four bedroom detached residence located within moments of the Knocknacarra and Westside shopping centres, a host of top quality schools, and just a short walk from NUIG and UHG. Open viewing Wednesday and Saturday 11am to 12 noon. AMV is €300,000.
No 5 Century Apartments, Emerson Avenue, Salthill: A beautiful two bedroom first floor apartment measuring approximately 661sq ft in Salthill. It is presented in excellent condition throughout and offers all the convenience of modern day living that one could possibly require. Open viewing Wednesday and Saturday 12.30pm to 1.30pm. AMV is €150,000.
No 1 Arasain Na Mara, Salthill: A three bedroom ground floor apartment situated directly opposite Salthill Promenade. The apartment comes with one allocated car parking space. Open viewing Wednesday and Saturday 11am to 12 noon. AMV is €160,000.
Royal Court Business Centre, Liosban, Tuam Road, Galway: A first floor office unit of circa 700sq ft located in the very busy retail park of Liosban. Includes two car parking spaces. Open viewing Wednesday and Saturday 2pm to 3pm. AMV is €70,000.
No 20 Cuirt na Rasaí, Ballybrit, Galway: A beautiful two bed ground floor apartment. The apartment is bright and spacious and offers an opportunity for an owner occupier or as an investment. Open viewing Wednesday and Saturday 11am to 12 noon. AMV is €85,000.
No 62 Woodlands, Lackagh, Claregalway: A stunning three bed semidetached family home with single story extension to the rear. The development is excellently maintained with manicured lawns, tennis courts, children's play area, and shops. Open viewing Wednesday and Saturday 12.30pm to 1.30pm. AMV is €195,000.
1.7 acre site at Barna, Galway: A 1.7 acre site located at Forramoyle West, Barna. Contains no planning permission. Folio No GY84567F. AMV is €25,000.
If you are interested in buying at this or any of O'Donnellan & Joyce's upcoming auctions, see the company's guide to buying at auction below:
• Request a copy of the contracts /conditions of sale from the solicitor with carriage of sale of the property. Have your own solicitor read through it if you have any queries. Alternatively your own solicitor can request this information for you.
• Have an engineer/surveyor check out the property.
• If you are getting a loan make sure you have this in writing from your lending institution. If you are not in a position to close the sale you are liable to lose your deposit.
• If you are the successful purchaser you will be obliged to sign the contract immediately and pay 10 per cent of the purchase price. This contract is binding and is not subject to any conditions such as loan approval or engineer's report, all this must be in place before the auction.
• No agreement shall exist between the vendor and the purchaser relating to the sale of the property until such time as the agreement has been signed by the vendor and a full deposit paid as provided in the agreement.
• This deposit is to be paid in the form of a bank draft or personal cheque which should be made payable to O’Donnellan & Joyce auctioneers. If you are paying by personal cheque ID will be required on the day. Proof of funds may also be asked for.
• This 10 per cent deposit is a non-refundable deposit.
• The closing date will be included on the contract.
If the closing date is not suitable discuss a change of date with the solicitor before signing the contract.
All auction properties are open to the public for viewing on two designated days/times each week – usually Wednesday or Thursday and Saturday. However, as the auction date draws closer, private viewings will be accommodated through consultation with the auctioneer. In the interest of security all persons entering a property for open viewing will be required to sign their name and phone number on arrival.
For those who might not be in a position to attend the auction O’Donnellan & Joyce offers a phone bidding facility. The criteria is as follows:
• Full name, address, and details.
• ID and proof of ID (letter from your solicitor or a notary person verifying that this is you ).
• Proof of funds (letter from your bank saying that you have the money or copy of letter of approval for mortgage ).
• Ten per cent of the asking price to be deposited with O’Donnellan & Joyce at least four days prior to the auction. This will not be lodged unless you are the successful bidder and will be returned if you do not purchase.
• Letter giving power of attorney to whoever is bidding for you to sign the contracts in trust for you.
• Solicitor’s details.
For further details and open viewing times see www.odonnjoyce.com for full brochure and pictures of each property, or contact the O’Donnellan & Joyce auction team on 091 564212.
No 23 St Helen's Street.
No 6 The Cloisters, Nuns Island.
No 9 The Elms.
No 11 Barr na Carraige.
No 5 Century Apartments.
No 20 Cuirt na Rasai.
No 62 Woodlands.
Royal Court Business Centre.
Arasain na Mara.