As Anthony Cunningham's current three-year term as Galway senior hurling manager is now up, there will be a review process over the coming weeks to see if he will stay in-situ for 2015 and perhaps beyond.
Cunningham seems keen to extend his term based on his comments after last Saturday's defeat to Tipperary when he was asked about his own future with Galway, and staying on
"Absolutely. We love what we're doing, but that's for another day," he said.
He also mentioned that five or six new players had been introduced to championship action this year and that they are in a building process and happy with the progress being made.
County board secretary John Hynes when asked by Advertiser Sport earlier in the week, said the board would meet with Anthony Cunningham and his management team in the coming weeks to review the year and also with the player representatives before any decision would be considered.
However, Hynes said nobody wanted to throw the baby out with the bathwater and that nothing would happen for a few weeks until a committee of the board met with the current management team to review the season.