The Aer Lingus HQ by NODE Architecture has just been shortlisted for Building of the Year 2013 at CMG Building & Design Awards. Noel O’Dwyer of NODE Architecture of Dawson Street, Dublin 2, remodelled his brother’s house in Moycullen and, in consequence, was persuaded and commissioned to completely redesign this property at Portacarron, Oughterard, on a large private site close to the golf course and Lough Corrib.
The result of such innovation, with excellence in design, significant expense, enormous attention to detail, and European procurement of materials has been a stunning and stylish contemporary eco-residence with 3,500sq ft of space on two levels in mature grounds and gardens. The only energy needed to heat this home or provide hot water is the electricity needed to pump the water around the geothermal collector.
The striking entrance hall in glass and walnut leads to both levels in this property, which also has the following features:
• Geothermal heating system with underfloor heating and unlimited hot water plus capacity for a pool.
• Pro Air heat recovery and ventilation system which replaces all the air in the house every two hours.
• Spacious and interconnecting reception rooms – ideal for entertaining.
• Solid walnut doors, stairs, architraves and skirtings.
• Luxury kitchen with large centre island with polished granite worktops.
• Five bedrooms and six bathrooms.
• Steam cabinet for two.
• Substantial integral garage/workshop.
• Extensive range of outbuildings and carport.
• 1,260sq ft commercial polytunnel.
• Large paddock with stable.
Accommodation includes entrance hall, lounge, kitchen/dining room, study, utility room, five bedrooms (three en suite ), steam room, and two further cloakrooms. The property also has a wine store, an enormous workshop, mature gardens, commercial polytunnel, outbuildings, paddock, and double stable.
The property is being sold with all carpets and floor coverings included. The property has been fitted with top quality curtains and blinds and these are also included in the sale together with the contemporary light fittings throughout.
As the vendors wish to move on, the price of this superb property has just been reduced by €200,000, from €550,000 to €350,000.
For more information contact Spencer auctioneers at 087 2347797 or visit www.spencerauctioneers.com/portacarronR0264 htm