A review of Galway football is currently being undertaken by a special task team appointed by the Galway Football Board.
The review includes a series of meetings across the county with clubs in the city and west of the county invited to the Connemara Coast Hotel tonight at 8pm. It is part of the consultation process with clubs, players, media, referees, and other groups interested in the future of Galway Football.
Initiated by a group of interested parties, including Air Arann’s CEO and major sponsor Padraig O’Ceidigh, the reivew is looking at all aspects of Galway football, including coaching and games, administration, refereeing, volunteers, development squads, underage activity, school and colleges, and county teams.
The members appointed to team to lead the review are:
• Brendan O’Colleran - CEO Galway City VEC, former Football Board member and senior county footballer.
• Liam Sammon - former manager and All Ireland winner.
• John Tobin - Connacht GAA Football development manager.
• Will Mallard - management consultant.
• Seamus O’Grady - representing current football board.