2022 marks the two-year anniversary since the renowned Irish folk band, Stockton's Wing performed to a crowded audience in Ireland. On February 11th, 2002, much to fans delight, Tara Music released a live album of recorded music entitled "HOMETOWN" -Stockton's Wing Live.
The long awaited 15 track collection was recorded live in 2020 in Ennis and at Tradfest, Dublin. These were the last fully live shows the Wing performed, one month prior to a world pandemic hitting Irish shores and the year the live music sector went on hiatus.
It is the first body of work to come from the Legendary and much loved Irish Folk Band since their No 1-hit retrospective album "Beautiful Affair: A Stockton's Wing Retrospective."
"HOMETOWN" features true favourite "Beautiful Affair" (voted as one of RTE's top 75 Irish songs of all time ), "Walk Away" and the classic "Aarons Key" as well as many Wing favourites. The album will also include new material from the band available on CD and digital formats.
Stockton's Wing is a collective of musicians hosted by founding members Mike Hanrahan and Paul Roche. For the past several years they have been joined by fiddler extraordinaire Tara Breen, Karol Lynch on banjo and mandolin, guitarist Paul McSherry and Stephen Byrne on drums.
Legendary Irish Folk Band Stockton's Wing return with their live album "HOMETOWN"
Appearing at the Town Hall Theatre Galway on Friday 22nd April.
Don't miss out on this opportunity to win two tickets to see this renowned Irish folk band live!!!
Please enter the competition by answering the question in the form below.
Good Luck to all!
** T&C applies (scroll down to terms & conditions ).
**Terms & Conditions
1. The prize is for 2 tickets to Stockton's Wing at The Town Hall Theatre in Galway on April 22nd 2022.
2. Subject to availability.
3. No cash Alternative & Non-transferable.
4. Once selected, the winner will be contacted by the Galway Advertiser to arrange delivery of the prize.
5. Winners must be over 18 years of age.
6. Entries must be entered online in the form above.
7. Entries not submitted in accordance with these rules will be disqualified.
8. Entry to this promotion shall be deemed full and unconditional acceptance of the terms and conditions.
9. The promoters reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions.
10. Details of the competition winner will be posted on the Galway Advertiser's Facebook page and the winner will be notified by email. You have five days to claim your prize once contacted by email.
11. Closing date for entries is Friday April 15th 2022 @9am and the winner will be announced at 10am on Friday April 15th 2022.