Thursday night saw the grand final of Battle of the Bands 2014, a heated competition on the night as The 4 Twenties, Bite the Killer Cat, and Black Dice battled it out! Black Dice came away the winners on the night with huge support from the crowd! They battled their way through the heats, seeing off some very talented acts along the way. Black Dice received a huge reaction from the crowd with their variety of original music - they had the bar rocking! The lads won the €8,000 winners package from The Prince Bar. The organisers hope this will help the band progress further in their career and wish them the very best of luck! Huge thanks also go to all who sponsored the Battle of the Bands competition this year. Organisers also thank the acts who took part and provided some memorable nights. A special thanks to Eclipse Sound and Light who provided the sound system for the event, Colm Regan and Eoin Costello for judging the event, and Simon Murdoch from iRadio who was guest judge at the final. Lively two-piece Outside the Box play every Thursday night from 10pm in The Prince Bar, where you can get your wristbands for Karma Nightclub For all upcoming events at The Prince Bar check out their Facebook page.
- Roscommon prepares for a summer of entertainment
- The drama isn’t over yet!
- Westmeath Electric Picnic Trailer Park winners unveiled
- May is here and summer is upon us
- The Cloak set to spread over Mullingar this May
- Colour, colour, and more colour at Luan Gallery
- Mullingar Charity Variety Group plan summer serenade
- The Importance of Being Wilde comes to Athlone
- Crokey Hill Club return with Its The Real McCoy
- Kilmuckridge Drama Group present The Weir
- Hi5 Orchestra at Daly’s
- Stage combat, script writing, and additional exhibitions for fringe festival