As we come into the skiing season, La Roche-Posay has the following skincare advice to skiers before hitting the slopes.
1. The intensity of the sun’s rays increases at higher altitudes. Protect your skin against UV damage by ensuring that you use a sunscreen with high UVA/UVB protection, like La Roche-Posay Anthelios Fluid Extreme SPF 50+.
2. Lips are particularly prone to drying out in harsh weather so make sure you use a moisturising lip balm with UVA/UVB filters to prevent chapping and cold-sores, such as Nutritic Lips.
3. Cold weather dries out the skin and can cause cracking and splitting, so when exposing yourself to the elements, do take extra care to moisturise your skin thoroughly morning and evening with La Roche-Posay Nutritic Ultra-fine cream, tested by famous explorer Nicholas Vanier in temperatures as low as -50ºC.
4. Eyes require special protection so wear wrap-around sunglasses with adequate UV protection to approved EU standard EN 174, EN 1836.
5. Revive, refresh, and restore your skin après-ski with a re-hydrating face mask or use La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water, which contains the highest concentration of any water in the world of the potent anti-free radical, selenium.