John McNicholl was born and raised in a small village called Foreglen in Derry. He is one of 15 children born to Colm and Mary McNicholl. John’s first taste of stage performance began when he was a young boy in his local school. Amateur musicals and plays gave John an opportunity to showcase his early talents for singing and acting. John took a very different path a few years ago deciding he would become a chef. He achieved a promising status in this new career but his hunger to get on the road and perform some of his most loved songs was too great to shy away from, and six albums later John has become one of the biggest household names on the Irish music scene. John McNicholl plays the Foxford Leisure Centre tomorrow August 3 at 9pm. Tickets are available from Foxford Leisure Centre on 094 9257684.
- In Humbert’s Footsteps at the Linenhall
- Mayo ladies football team stage novel fundraiser
- The past half a decade is only the foundations for Finbar Hoban Presents
- New exhibition opening in the Linenhall
- Luke Kelly tribute band will bring his hits to Islandeady
- Foster and Allen are back with the Ultimate Collection tour
- Could you be the next Mr or Miss Claremorris?
- Sound + Vision festival back in Ballina
- Declan O’Rourke brings his songs of the sea to Killary Fjord
- Jack Wise and Joe Rooney to play Claremorris AFC fundraiser
- St. Colman's garden fête
- Gospel concerts in Achill and Belmullet coming up