As part of the In Humbert’s Footsteps Gathering Event, the Linenhall Arts Centre in Castlebar is delighted to present ’98 Recalled, a unique and fascinating exhibition of distinctive and previously unseen artefacts (many from private collections ) and associated information pertaining to the 1798 Rebellion in Ireland, and French General Humbert’s expedition in particular. The collection of artefacts includes a selection of 1798 pikeheads, a French bayonet discovered at site of Battle of Ballinamuck, and the hat and sword belonging to French Captain Truc (who was appointed Town Commander of Ballina by General Humbert ). The exhibition is presented in association with the In Humbert’s Footsteps Gathering Event Castlebar Committee. The exhibition officially opens on Saturday, August 10 at 4.30pm. The exhibition, which takes place in the Linenhall’s Theatre space, runs until Saturday, August 24.
- Mayo ladies football team stage novel fundraiser
- The past half a decade is only the foundations for Finbar Hoban Presents
- New exhibition opening in the Linenhall
- Luke Kelly tribute band will bring his hits to Islandeady
- Foster and Allen are back with the Ultimate Collection tour
- Could you be the next Mr or Miss Claremorris?
- Sound + Vision festival back in Ballina
- Declan O’Rourke brings his songs of the sea to Killary Fjord
- Jack Wise and Joe Rooney to play Claremorris AFC fundraiser
- St. Colman's garden fête
- Gospel concerts in Achill and Belmullet coming up
- European Public Art Commission opportunity for Irish Artists