The 2021 Buccaneers Junior Touch League (JTL ) culminated in Dubarry Park with an exciting finals day.
In the U15 final, which was played in excellent conditions, the Red Raiders took out the title by beating Yellow Peril on a 10 tries to two scoreline, with Andrew Henson, Aoibhin Tynan and Philip Finnan among the scorers.
In the U18 final that followed, the aptly named White Lightning defeated Orange Fever 7–3 with Fionn McDonnell and Eloise Clarke chief among the scoring contingent.
The conditions for this game were not as favourable with two torrential downpours during the contest - in fact, the second downpour was followed by thunder and lightning which caused the game to be suspended for several minutes.
Following both final fixtures, the cups were presented to the winning teams and with the following awards presented -
· Under 18 Best Boy Player: Fionn McDonnell
· Under 18 Best Girl Player: Molly Mulvihill Wilkins
· Under 18 Spirit of Touch Award: Jude Holohan Farrell
· Under 15 Best Boy Player: Andrew Henson
· Under 15 Best Girl Player: Aoibhin Tynan
· Under 15 Spirit of Touch Award: Matthew Moran