The bathroom is the perfect place to add all the charm and opulence of the Victorian era. The timelessness design of the Adelphi suite has been the best selling collection from the Shires portfolio to date. Combining tradition and quality, the easy clean glaze of the suite brings a modern benefit to make your life that little bit easier.
Shires is offering the following tips for creating the classic Victorian bathroom:
• A Victorian inspired bath tub should illustrate charm and elegance, a classic example is the lion feet cast iron antique bath (pictured ), available at Shires from €1,500.
• Fixtures and fittings should add a little old aged drama, eg, Adelphi basin taps, €86.19; Adelphi deck mounted bath shower mixer, €257.25.
• Further old fashioned glamour can be added with a gold framed mirror and oversized chandelier (featured chandelier available at Willie Duggan Lighting Studio, Kilkenny, www.williedugganlighting.com ).
• Shiny surfaces on the wall or floor evokes a sophisticated flair while a bold colour or splash of paint invokes the opulence of the Victorian era.
• To finish, a high level cistern completes the old-fashioned line up.