The Coyne family name is synonymous with the tyre industry in Ireland. For four generations the Coyne family have been serving their customers. The Coyne family first started in the tyre business in Kilkelly in 1947 when John Coyne opened his garage. His son Pat Coyne snr went on from there to work for Fit Kilkenny Remould as a representative on the road selling tyres to the same garages.
In 1970, Pat Coyne snr saw the opening for stand alone tyre shops as garages were too busy doing repairs on cars to fix mundane things like punctures and tyre replacement. He opened his first tyre shop in Ballina and went on to open tyre shops in Castlebar, Tuam, Swinford, Athlone, Limerick, and Dublin. In 1982, Pat Coyne jnr joined his father and together they opened a remoulding plant in Swinford where they relugged earthmover, tractor and remould truck tyres at the facility. In 1999, Pat Coyne jnr took over the running of the Ballina depot, and he is joined today by his son John.
Pat Coyne jnr’s brother Liam is running the Dublin depot and he now has two depots in Dublin and one in Navan.
The Coyne family have been serving the public for more than 65 years. The secret of their success is very simple. Look after your customers and they will come back. Coyne Tyres (Ballina ) Ltd offers the full range of tyre and battery products, puncture repairs, wheel alignment, run flat repairs, tyre vulcanising, 24-hour callout service seven days a week, tyre management, fleet checks, alloy wheels, and car accessories.