Classical pianist extraordinaire Nikolay Khozyainov brings his spellbinding technique and supreme artistry to the Linenhall Arts Centre in Castlebar for a very special concert on Wednesday, November 27 at 8pm. Nikolay Khozyainov won last year’s Dublin International Piano Competition with a truly breathtaking performance. Now here’s a chance to hear this young lion of the keyboard in full flow, as part of a nationwide Music Network tour. Hailing from Blagoveshchensk, in Eastern Russian, the 21-year-old is one of the most remarkable pianists of his generation. Winner of numerous awards, Nikolay has already made his recital debut at Carnegie Hall, appeared in concert with the Tokyo Symphony, Warsaw Philharmonic and Sydney Symphony orchestras while touring Europe, Asia and the USA. Don’t be fooled by the shock of blond curls, the boyish charm or the swarm of Facebook fans: here is a performer capable of maturity and sensitivity, who can convey the freewheeling, rhapsodic intensity of the great Romantic composers to dazzling effect. Prepare to be swept away!
- Donate a Dress fundraiser this Saturday
- Mayo’s big band for young musicians… will you be part of it?
- St Patrick’s Drama group bring Same Old Moon to the stage
- Newman Institute gets ready to dance
- Bosh your entertainment centre in Castlebar
- ‘Take a Chance’ with St Joseph’s school musical
- Connaught Bar official launch this week
- Tommy Tiernan brings Stray Sod to Castlebar this Christmas
- Bruiser is coming back to Castlebar
- Are you ready for Strictly Come Dancing Breaffy style?
- Ballina Arts Centre rolls out the red carpet for Don Baker
- Tchaikovsky Perm State Ballet of Russia presents Giselle