A Claremorris man was given a five year disqualification from driving after being convicted for driving while disqualified in Claremorris District Court, sitting in Kiltimagh this week.
Garda Donal Raftery told the court that he saw Marius Kuksta of Rooskeybeg, Claremorris, driving a van at Mount Street, Claremorris, at 4.35pm on August 18 2010. Garda Raftery told the court he knew that Kuksta was serving a disqualification from driving when he saw him and that he caught up with the van and spoke to the defendant and told him that he was driving while disqualified. Garda Raftery told the court Kuksta told him that he thought he received only a one year driving ban not a two year ban as was imposed on him previously.
Kuksta, who pleaded guilty to the charges in court, was convicted and fined €800 for driving without insurance and disqualified from driving for five years. For driving while disqualified he was convicted and fined €500 and disqualified from driving for five years to be served concurrently.