Three games in and it is so far so good for Castlebar Celtic in the Bus Éireann Women’s National League. Jeremy Dee’s charges have five points on the table and are unbeaten thanks to a win and two draws so far. Their latest point came after another long trip away to Cork Women’s FC which leaves them well placed in the table. On Sunday, Celtic will face another tough test when Peamount United come to town. The Dublin side are one of the top women’s side in the game and recently were in UEFA European action representing Ireland. Aileen Gilroy and Shauna Jackson were the scorers for Celtic last weekend in their hard fought draw. This weekend’s opponents saw off the challenge of the Cork side, Celtic drew with on a 6-1 scoreline on the opening day of the league, they followed that up with a 7-0 over Wexford Youths (another side whom Celtic have drawn with this term ). However they are coming off the back of a 4-1 defeat at the hands of Raheny United last weekend and will be looking to get back on track against Celtic. The game against Peamount United is scheduled to kick off in Celtic Park at 2pm on Sunday, December 4.
- GAA referees seem to attract controversy, is it justified?
- Launch of Team Castlebar as plans in place for American trip
- Connacht title for Hugh Armstrong at Connacht uneven ages cross country championships
- Carnacon looking for lucky number four
- Connacht need to front up again for Ospreys visit
- Ballina AC retains senior team title at Hollymount 10k
- Schools soccer
- Mayo Athletic Club launches winter Fit4Life programme
- Awards presentation night for Mayo League
- Connacht are ready for home start in Heineken Cup
- Celtic women host Rovers on Sunday
- Murray wins Sea2Summit