A neurol-biological genetic condition, attention deficit hyperactive disorder/ attention deficit d isorder affects up to eight per cent of people. It is far more common in boys.
* Easily distracted
* Difficulty following through on instructions
* Fidgeting with hands or feet
* Difficulty staying seated
* Shifting from one uncompleted task to another
* Has concentration problems
* Likes routine
* Restless sleeper
* Engaging in dangerous activities without thinking about the consequences
What causes it?
Scientists and medical experts do not know exactly what causes ADHD/ADD. Scientific evidence suggests that the disorder is genetically transmitted (often runs in families ) and is caused by a chemical imbalance or deficiency in certain neurotransmitters (chemicals that regulate the efficiency with which the brain controls behaviour.