Search Results for 'John Prenty'
13 results found.
Speaking on Mid West Radio this morning, Connacht GAA Council Secretary John Prenty outlined where most of the stand tickets for the big game went to. Prenty said that the capacity of the stand in Dr Hyde Park is 3,612. The competing counties were allocated 1,800 stand tickets, 1,000 tickets for player and sponsors of the three competing teams on the day including the minor final, 300 seats went on sale in Super Valu shops which is part of the agreement with the shops, 100 tickets for the Galway three in a row team that are being honoured on the day and there will be 48 invited guests of the Connacht Council.
After this weekends final round of action in the group stages of the Mayo GAA Senior Football Championship we now know the eight sides who’ll be contesting the knock-out stages. Breaffy, Castlebar Mitchels, Ballintubber and Kiltane all won their groups and Knockmore, Ballina Stephenites, Aghamore and Garrymore joined them after finishing in second place in their respective groups.
There was plenty of shock on Wednesday evening when it was announced by the Connacht GAA Council that Hyde Park in Roscommon would be the venue for this year's Connacht Senior Football Championship final between Mayo and Sligo. All indications up to that point were that the game would be played in either Castlebar's Elverys MacHale Park or Galway's Pearse Stadium.
The Connacht Council has handed the down a €10,000 fine to Mayo GAA for their failure to take part in the away final of Connacht FBD League. The final was due to take place on Sunday October 7 against New York in the US city, two weeks after Mayo had played in the All Ireland final against Donegal in Croke Park.
Galway county football champions Corofin were stunned on Tuesday afternoon when receiving an email from Connacht Council informing them their fine had been increased by another €500 after the club’s Monday night appeal.
With dreams of Sam, put to one side for another year last weekend. It is back to the real heart of the GAA this weekend when the Mayo club championships thunder back into action at the quarter final stage. McHale Park on Saturday and Sunday is the place to be with a double header on the first day and the Sabbath day serving up a triple header of action in the county ground.
Tourmakeady v Ballyhaunis,
Both the Mayo and Roscommon county boards could be facing fines from the Connacht Council following an incident that happened at half time in the under 21 Connacht semi-final between the sides on St Patrick’s Day. Secretary of the Connacht Council, John Prenty told the Mayo Advertiser, “I can’t confirm what fines have or will be issued to both counties in relation to the incident, but there have been fines proposed for them. Both counties have up until Friday (March 26) to seek a hearing in relation to the proposals.”
Davitt College, Castlebar, lost out to Cookstown last weekend in the All Ireland Vocational Schools u16A final when they were comprehensively beaten by Cookstown from Tyrone by 1-17 to 0-3. However it emerged that at the beginning of March Crossmolina had played a number of over age players in their Connacht final win over St Tiernan’s. When they found out about this they had no avenue to appeal as they had not made an appeal in time.
A novel idea has been mooted by the Connacht GAA Council in a bid to promote hurling in the province, and it could come into being next season. The council have proposed that the Galway senior hurling champions no longer take part in a Connacht senior club championship that also features the Roscommon and Mayo champions. “Our plan is that the Roscommon and Mayo champions take part in the Connacht intermediate club championship, along with the Galway intermediate champions,” said council secretary John Prenty.