Search Results for 'Microbiology'
69 results found.
May is Lyme Disease awareness month so I thought I’d write a little bit about it, my own experience of it and how to prevent it.
The HRB Primary Care Clinical Trials Network Ireland, based at NUI Galway, are working with researchers in Oxford University’s Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences, on the ALIC4E trial, which investigates whether the flu drug oseltamivir (Tamiflu) is cost effective and beneficial to patients consulting their GP’s with flu symptoms.
While January is an exciting time of planning and new beginnings, it is also challenging for many reasons. The team at Honeybee Galway are determined to make sure colds and flu are not among those reasons.
Recent research shows that 80 per cent of all infections are spread by hands.
A fundraising initiative to enable a Galway woman suffering with Lyme disease to access stem cell therapy is gathering pace.
Toyota Ireland is proud to announce it has donated a state-of-the-art microscope to Temple Street Children’s Hospital. The microscope, worth €18,000, will be used to provide diagnoses and investigate illnesses such as meningitis, urinary tract infections, respiratory infections and other bacterial infections among children. The new microscope, which will be used in the Microbiology Department, will be instrumental in processing patient samples from A&E around the clock and allows for important consultation between laboratory and medical staff. It will also help facilitate vital staff training, making a significant positive impact on the services provided by microbiology.
A swimming ban was put in place at Grattan Beach yesterday following the discovery of intestinal bacteria in a sample taken recently.
A new type of nail fungal therapy, which has taken the world by storm, is now available in the west.
A new nail fungal therapy treatment known as PACT which uses a photosensitive gel combined with LED light is now available at Claregalway Foot and Laser Therapy.
No new cases of tuberculosis have been identified in the city since last month when three third level students were diagnosed with the bacterial infection.