Work in the USA

Cara International has a number of programmes that are proving very popular for people to work in USA.


Its traineeship programme is a maximum practical learning experience open to those who hold a third level qualification and one year’s experience or five years professional experience in their field.

The internship will give you the opportunity to put your educational knowledge and your university qualification to work in your chosen professional field. In the process you will gain an in-depth understanding of the American business, society, and culture and will contribute significantly to the realisation of your future career goals.

Au pair

The Au Pair USA programme is for young adults between the ages of 18 and 26 who have previous experience caring for children. Au pairs live with American host families and provide up to 45 hours of childcare in return for a weekly stipend, room and board in the family home, and $500 for education courses.


The J1 Work and Travel Programme includes: Processing of all legal documentation; pre-departure orientation; insurance (accident and medical ); job placement; arranged housing; 24-hour back up service; on the ground back up and support; 24/7 emergency service and free flights available from Bank of Ireland.

All the employers arrange housing for students, and, before you leave your home country, you will know your general type of job, your wages, and the cost of housing.

Camp counsellor

Cara International is a main agent for Camp Counsellor programme in the USA. Visit to register.

You need to enjoy working with or being around children; be outgoing, cheerful, adaptable, flexible, and reliable; be prepared to work for at least nine weeks from May/June to August; and will be at least 18 years old by June 1 2009. You do not need to be a student to be camp counsellor.

To find out more about these exciting opportunities contact Caroline or Mike on 094 928 9802 or e-mail: [email protected];


Page generated in 0.0812 seconds.