Celtic move into top spot

Manulla crashed to a 6-3 defeat at the hands of Claremorris last Sunday afternoon in Carramore, with Dean Roddy chipping in with five goals along with an effort from Simon Butler. It was plain sailing for the south Mayo men at the short whistle with a 4-1 cushion to rest on, with the sole Manulla response coming from Gerry Canavan. Canavan and Matthew Nolan added second half goals for Tom Healy’s troops, but Claremorris were already half-way home.

Meanwhile Westport Utd defeated Ballyglass 3-0, with David Hoban breaking the deadlock in the 58th minute. Two minutes later Danny Scahill doubled their advantage with Joe Lawless sealing the deal in the 85th minute. Hoban bagged the winner for the Connacht/Munster selection on Saturday in the UEFA Regions Cup test game, and as result they will represent Ireland at the next Regions Cup. Castlebar Celtic were pushed all the way by near neighbours Ballyheane, as they carved out a 2-1 win with the goals coming from Colm Nevin and Gerry Hunt.

Ballina Town made it five wins from five at the weekend albeit they had to dig deep to see off a stubborn Glenhest Rovers defence in a 2-1 win. Brendan Lavelle added to his growing league tally along with a penalty from Keith Duffy, both of whom arrived in the opening six minutes of action. Iorrais Aontaithe were also pushed to the pin of their collar by Conn Rangers as they hung on for a 2-1 win.

S&F go back to the summit

Straide & Foxford Utd regained their position at the summit of the league following their 3-0 win over their east Mayo neighbours Charlestown Athletic. John Durkan bagged a brace along with a strike from Conor Sherry. Fahy Rovers and Westport Utd B shared the spoils in a 1-1 draw at the weekend with Jordan Ring on target for the Covies.

There was a comprehensive 4-1 win for Partry Athletic over Bangor Hibs last Sunday afternoon. Bangor broke the deadlock inside the opening 10 minutes, however Tom Byrne drew Partry Athletic level within two minutes of the restart. Further goals from Micheal Seoighe and a brace from Ciarán Hennelly sealed the deal for Partry who totally dominated the second half.

Killala recorded a 5-2 win over Kiltimagh/Knock Utd on Sunday afternoon with Lee Cummins opening Killala's account. Simon Jordan pulled one back for the east Mayo side. With chances few and far between in the second half, Kevin Whyte eventually put Killala ahead in the 70th minute. However, a Liam Groarke penalty left it dead-locked yet again. Yet three quick-fire goals from Niall McDonnell and Dermot Lavelle (2 ) sealed the win for Killala.

Tim Hastings Volkswagen League One

Ballyhaunis Town dished out a 5-0 defeat to Manulla ‘B’ with a flawless display at the weekend where they dominated from pillar to post. Keith Robinson nailed a hat-trick along with a brace from Jamil Kezze. After four league defeats Moy Villa got back to winning ways at the weekend as they defeated high-flying Ballina Town B 1-0 with Luke Ruane on target. Conn Rangers B ,had to dig deep to see off Castlebar Celtic B as they held on for a 6-4 win.

Killeen Sportsgrounds League Two

Ballyglass B recorded a hard-fought 2-1 win over Newport Town with Paddy Burke opening Ballyglass’ account. Newport pulled one back before the break, but Peter Butler snatched the three vital points for Ballyglass. Meanwhile, Snugboro Utd recorded a facile 6-0 win over Hollister with six different scorers. Johhny Duffy, Paul Egan, Darragh Hayes, Johnny Walsh, Mark McGreal, and Aaron Curry all got on the scoresheet in a dominant display from pillar to post. Mulranny Utd also defeated Ballyvarry Blue Bombers 2-0 on Sunday afternoon.


Page generated in 0.1181 seconds.