Westport hit Claremorris for seven

Soccer: Mayo League round up

It was raining goals in the Elverys Sports Super league this weekend as Westport Utd dished out a comprehensive 7-0 defeat to Claremorris on Sunday afternoon in Concannon Park. The star of the show was most definitely Mark McNally who bagged five goals in a stunning display. Phil Keegan and Peter Corcoran also chipped in for the Covies, as they put the south Mayo men to the sword. Elsewhere, Castlebar Celtic romped home to a comfortable 5-0 win away to Conn Rangers. Conor Griffin grabbed a hat-trick, along with goals from Anthony Johnston and a Colm Nevin free-kick.

Manulla continued their rich vein of form of late with a hard-fought 2-0 win against Glenhest Rovers in Carramore. Considering that they went down to 10 men after Gerry Canavan received his marching orders, made it all the more remarkable. Anthony Elding opened Manulla’s account, with Dylan Roache making the three points safe. On Saturday night Ballina Town recorded a 2-0 win over Ballyglass thanks to a brace from man of the match Dylan McKee. 

Iorrais Aontaithe had to dig deep to pick up their first three points, as they defeated Ballyheane 2-1. It was deadlocked at the break with Jason O’Donnell heading home for Iorrais. Ryan Ruddy proved to be the match-winner for the north Mayo side, on a weekend that Ryan Keane made his senior debut for the club.

Straide & Foxford United hit the front

Straide & Foxford Utd moved to the summit of the league at the weekend thanks to a comfortable 4-1 win over Bangor Hibs, with John Durkan grabbing all four goals in a stunning display. Darren McManamon got Hibs sole reply with a brilliant strike from the halfway line straight from the kick-off.

Swinford recorded a hard fought 3-2 win over Kiltimagh/Knock Utd in this ding-dong affair on Sunday afternoon. Peter McNicholas, Alan McLoughlin and sharpshooter Paddy O’Donnell ensured that Swinford went home with the spoils. 

Achill Rovers came from behind on Saturday evening to see off Westport Utd ‘B’ in a 2-1 win. A Kevin Lynch penalty drew his side level before Brandon McGing slotted home to seal the three points.

Elsewhere, Partry Athletic and Charlestown Athletic remained inseparable in an absolute belter in Bellaghy on Saturday. Charlestown Athletic raced into 2-0 lead inside the opening five minutes with Donal Gavaghan and Paul Kenny on target. However, Partry got to work in the second half and reeled in Charlestown with Rory Malone cutting the gap on 60 minutes. Mark Gibbons drew his side level in the 78th minute to ensure both sides went away with a share of the spoils. 

At the 4G Astroturf facility in Milebush Park, Fahy Rovers and Kilalla also remained dead-locked at 1-1 as a late Kyle McLoughlin goal saved Killala.

Crossmolina hammer their way into first

Ballina Town ‘B’ recorded a comprehensive 7-1 win over rivals Castlebar Celtic ‘B’ on Sunday afternoon in Belleek. After falling 1-0 behind Ballina upped the ante, thanks in no small part to a stunning display from Shane Devers who grabbed four goals in a man of the match performance. Mikey Devers, Jason Cawley and a beauty from Mark Beattie wrapped up the win for Ballina.

Crossmolina went to the top of the league after dishing out an 8-0 defeat to Moy Villa. Ciaran Traynor grabbed a brace, along with a handful of goals from Shane McKinley, Gerry Jordan, Kevin McHugh, Ian Gordon, Kevin Campbell and Shane Hennigan. 

Conn Rangers ‘B’ had to dig deep to see off Manulla ‘B’ in absolute cracker, where the north Mayo side prevailed on a 5-3 scoreline.

Boro put themselves in pole position

Snugboro Utd climbed to the summit of the league after they recorded a 3-1 win away to Mulranny Utd. Brendan Ginnelly, Norbert Karol and John Duffy all fired home and as a result they continued their unbeaten league run. 

However, Ballyglass ‘B’ are breathing down their necks after they defeated Hollister 7-1 in a comfortable win. John Walsh bagged a hat-trick, along with goals from Darragh Ruane, Zack Coyne and a brace from Scott Hamilton.  Ballyvarry Blue Bombers recorded a 2-0 win over Newport Town.


Page generated in 0.0944 seconds.