Gardai in Castlebar have this afternoon (Thursday, November 13 ) confirmed that explosive experts from the army removed a suspicious device from a patch of waste ground near An Sportlann. Gardai had sealed off a large area of ground around An Sportlann in Castlebar after a suspicious device was found in the morning. The device was found on waste ground at the rear of the driving test centre which is located beside An Sportlann. A number of buildings in the area were evacuated as a precaution after 11am yesterday morning. The army explosives experts arrived around lunch time and by 2pm they had removed the device and brought it with them for further investigation and the cordon was lifted by the Gardai.
- Superfast broadband speeds for three Mayo towns
- ‘Peak season’ for burglaries as evenings get darker
- Season of documentaries at Claremorris Film Society
- Barnacarroll teens shine with inspirational organ donor project
- Calleary warns of increases to property tax by 2016
- Breaffy Sewerage Scheme
- Three pubs get coveted Michelin listing
- Cash strapped museum board considering its options
- Badly fitted childrens’ car seats a serious concern
- Companies struggling to fill high paid roles
- New classroom for Carramore N.S.
- Castlebar’s tourism officer says future looking bright