Mayo General Hospital is one of five hospitals commended for its performance during 2008/2009, with the hospital to receive €1 million extra funding during the year under the Health Service Executive’s casemix system — where inefficient hospitals are penalised and money is redirected to more efficient ones.
- Swinford priest who was chaplain in San Quentin State Prison passes away
- National Famine Memorial Day to be held in Murrisk
- Mayo continues to battle the chill
- Mayo mountaineers warned about Alpine conditions
- Car scrappage scheme now in operation
- Call for deer cull as spiralling numbers threaten farmlands
- Councillor calls for volunteer database to assist those in need
- Children's projects in Mayo apply for €60,000
- Mayo struggling to stub out smoking
- Balla to feature on BBC documentary
- Car stolen from Conway Motors
- Do you need to unwind after a hectic Christmas and New Year?