At part of Lidl’s French wine sale that started last week, the German retailer has introduced a number of new wines from Bordeaux, Burgundy, Côtes du Rhône and this particular delight from Alsace. Made with 100 per cent Riesling grapes grown in the Andlau valley close to the Vosges Mountains, it’s got a welcoming floral and citrus bouquet on the nose. On the palate, the citrusy and lime fruit is big, bold and fulsome while retaining a charming and elegant structure in what is a very well-balanced wine with a crisp dry finish. Perfect as an aperitif or with a range of seafood, this is definitely one to fill your boots with while stocks last.
- Why did the student cross the road?
- New Cava Bodega restaurant to open next week
- Two great Galway food festivals and competition time
- It's good to share at dela restaurant
- Delicious deli treats at the g Counter
- Cava restaurant to reopen in Middle Street
- Fine Italian food and a great ambience at Renzo
- Enjoy all your favourite Asian dishes at Bodkin Point
- On the Wine Shelf...
- On the Cookery Book Shelf...
- Allez les bleus, French cuisine is alive and well in Galway
- JP’s Steak House, Mullingar — offering flavour and quality