Survey shows your advertising budget much more effective if spent with the Galway Advertiser

The Galway Advertiser is by far the most powerful medium of advertising in the region, being five times more effective than the Connacht Tribune and at least ten times more effective than the Galway Independent, according to an independent Red C readership poll carried out in Galway city and county in the past few weeks.

The independent poll which sought to determine the relative strength of all of Galway's local newspaper brands showed that in the key markets of jobs, property, cars, groceries, entertainment, and household goods, the Advertiser was the clear market leader being at least ten times more effective than the Galway Independent.

The poll showed that the Advertiser was the most used and consulted form of advertising for more than 75 per cent of all those interviewed, with the remaining 25 per cent divided among Galway's other local newspapers.

The findings undertaken by the reputable Red C market research company shows that each advertising euro spent with the Advertiser is at least five times more effective than a euro spent with the Connacht Tribune, and more than 10 times better spent than with the Galway Independent.

Findings released last week showed that the Advertiser is also the market leader in terms of readership of local newspapers in Galway city and county.

Excluding the don’t knows, the key findings of this segment of the survey showed:

When asked which of the local newspapers readers would use if looking for a new job, 75 per cent said they would use the Galway Advertiser, 14 per cent said they would use the Connacht Tribune, while just three per cent said they would use the Galway Independent.

When asked which of the local newspapers respondents would use if looking to buy a house, 75 per cent chose the Galway Advertiser; 15 per cent chose the Connacht Tribune; and just four per cent chose the Galway Independent.

When asked which of the local newspapers respondents would use if looking to dine out in the city or county, 73 per cent said they would use the Galway Advertiser, 13 per cent said they would use the Connacht Tribune while just nine per cent said they would use the Galway Independent.

When asked which of the local newspapers respondents would use if looking to buy groceries, 77 per cent said they would use the Galway Advertiser, eight per cent would use the Connacht Tribune, and seven per cent would use the Galway Independent.

When asked which of the local newspapers respondents would use if looking to buy a car, 74 per cent of the Galway people polled said they would use the Galway Advertiser. 14 per cent would use the Connacht Tribune and seven per cent would use the Galway Independent.

When asked which of the local newspapers respondents would use if looking to partake in further education or some form of training, 63 per cent said they would use the Galway Advertiser. 21 per cent said they would use the Connacht Tribune and just seven per cent said they would use the Galway Independent.

When asked which of the local newspapers respondents would use if looking for information on entertainment in Galway city and county, 69 per cent said they would use the Galway Advertiser; 12 per cent would use the Connacht Tribune, while just nine per cent would use the Galway Independent.

When asked which of the local newspapers respondents would use if looking for household goods, 80 per cent said they would use the Galway Advertiser; 12 per cent would use the Connacht Tribune and just four per cent would use the Galway Independent.

When asked which of the local newspapers respondents would use if looking for classified advertising, a whopping 83 per cent chose the Galway Advertiser; seven per cent chose the Connacht Tribune, two per cent chose the Galway Independent

.

The research used a quantitative telephone methodology among 250 respondents living in the Galway city and county area.

Quotas were set to ensure the sample is representative of the population dynamics of Galway city and county by gender, age and social class, while also including the correct rations of city and county proportions. Quotas were set based on CSO 2011 data.

The graphs printed throughout today’s Advertiser give the figures including the Don’t Knows, of those who were surveyed.

In total, 250 people were polled, giving a 6.3 per cent margin of error on the sample. RED C is a member of AIMRO (Association of Irish Market Research Organisations ), ESOMAR (European Society for Opinion and Marketing Research ) and the MRS (Market Research Society ) and abides by the professional guidelines for conducting high quality research and polling set out by all these organisations.

 

Page generated in 0.2200 seconds.