No disruption to services following City Bin arson attack

The City Bin Co has said this week that there was no disruption to its services following an apparent arson attack on its vehicles in Dublin last weekend.

The company, which is based in Oranmore, appears to have been deliberately targeted in an incident during which several of its lorries were set alight in a depot on the Greenhills Road in south Dublin last Friday night. Six lorries were destroyed in the blaze, and a further three were damaged.

A Garda investigation was launched into the incident, and it is understood CCTV footage from the depot shows two men in balaclavas dousing the vehicles in petrol and setting fire to them.

A spokesperson for the company said yesterday that there had been no disruption to the services provided by the company, either in Galway or Dublin, following the incident.

The company has removed its remaining vehicles from the depot where the attack occurred.

Gene Browne, CEO of the City Bin Co, said at the weekend that the incident would not deter it from rolling out its service in Dublin, where the company is aiming to secure 5,000 new customers with an introductory deal of a €99 flat rate for refuse collection next year.

The company has expanded its €99 offer to 10,000 customers in the wake of the attack.

Advertisement

 

Page generated in 0.1917 seconds.