Domini Kemp, who writes a regular column in The Irish Times, has now produced this her third cookery book, following Real Food Real Fast and It’s a Cookbook. This particular offering provides recipes from the off on such eclectic subjects as ‘fancy casual’, ‘getting it into them – family favourites’, ‘salads, sides, soups and starters’, ‘vegetarian’, ‘main courses: suppers, dinners, lunches’ and ‘sweet treats’. The best of the recipes include: gourmet fancy pants burgers, ultimate oven fries, spicy tomato and horseradish ketchup; posh chicken Kiev; lime, chilli and ginger prawns; roast pork with prune, pine nut, and spinach stuffing; trout and leek pies; fried aubergine with mint and vinegar; lazy veg lasagne; black bean tortillas; ‘cheffy’ shepherd’s pie; chickpea soup with curry prawns; courgette fritters with tzatziki; caramelised garlic tart with goat’s cheese; puy lentils with sundried tomatoes and Cashel blue cheese; winter egg supper; pork schnitzel; banana puddings with toffee sauce; key lime pie; and chocolate, hazelnut and muscovado tart. Overall, an attractive cookery book that is easy to follow with Kemp providing a short personal back-story to go with most recipes.
- The breakfast roll gets a modern makeover
- Enjoy Sunday brunch at Maxwells
- On the Wine Shelf...
- On the cookery book shelf
- Galway wine news
- A very tasty diversion
- Warm up your appetite with Artisan Restaurant’s new winter menu
- The Boathouse Seafood and Grill opens on main street Oranmore
- Heartwarming seasonal specials at Brasserie on the Corner
- House Hotel to stick to what it does best… cocktails
- Dinner and cocktails at the House Hotel
- The Book Shelf...