The Keep on Track Project is a unique collaborative, cross curricular project connecting 16 schools from Galway to Ballymun in Dublin along the Inter City Rail Line, culminating in a launch day which will be held in the Radisson Hotel in Galway tomorrow, in which schools will present their project findings.
A Special Iarnród Éireann train will bring all schools involved to and from Galway for the day of celebration. The special train will arrive in Galway at 11.10am and the events in the Radisson Hotel Galway will commence at 11.30am. The return train will depart Galway at 2.45pm.
The schools involved are (with boarding stations and times ):
1. Holy Spirit B.N.S. Dublin (board at Heuston, 08.10am )
2. Primrose Hill, Celbridge (Hazelhatch; 08.28am )
3. Scoil Bhríde, Sallins (Sallins, 08.35am )
4. Scoil Bhríde Naofa, Kildare (Kildare 08.50am )
5. St Peter’s Boys N.S, Monasterevin (Monasterevin, 08.57am )
6. St Joseph’s NS, Ballyadams (Portarlington, 09.05am )
7. Scoil Bhríde, Tullamore (Tullamore, 09.28am )
8. Scoil Mhuire, Tullamore (Tullamore 09.28am )
9. Scoil Bríde, Clara (Clara, 09.40am )
10. St Mary’s N.S, Athlone (Athlone, 09.58am )
11. St Augustine’s N.S., Ballinasloe (Ballinasloe, 10.22am )
12. Woodlawn N.S. (Woodlawn, 10.33am )
13. Attymon N.S. (Attymon, 10.41am )
14. Athenry Boys N.S, (Athenry, 10.49am )
15. Scoil Chaitríona Renmore, Galway (boards at Athenry, train arrives Galway 11.10am )
Each school has adopted a station to tell the rich story of that station in a variety of formats. Classes from senior infants to sixth class are taking part in the project, researching materials and engaging in learning experiences relevant to their own curricular level. Schools compiled their work across all curricular areas and presented project materials and outcomes on a joint project blog, the first project of its kind in the country using the Scoilnet Blogs platform, www.keepontrack.scoilnet.ie
Iarnród Éireann, as Keep on Track sponsor, has made archive materials available to aid the implementation of the project and facilitated railway station visits from each school. The project is also supported by the education centres in the relevant catchment areas: Galway, Athlone, Portlaoise, Kildare and Drumcondra Education Centres collaborated to enable schools and teachers in their region to participate.
The 21st century learning models engaged in by the students will be on display for all to see at the Keep on Track Launch in Galway today. For more see www.keepontrack.scoilnet.ie or contact on Barry Kenny 01-7032457 or 087-2381224, or Rita Butterly 01-7032561 or 086-0481665.