Blusher is a great way to give your skin a radiant glow and balances and links up colour on the eyes and lips.
The new compact blusher from Italian company Royal Effem (€25 ) has a soft, light texture and promises to last for hours. This lanolin and paraffin-free formula is available in a pearly or matte finish and comes in eight shades.
Tips for applying blusher
* Applying it under the cheekbones gives more shape to your face and makes the cheekbones look higher and more prominent
* To make your face look rounder apply to the apples of the cheeks
* Aim for a rounded colour rather than a prominent line across the cheekbone. If you just want to look healthy, dab the tiniest hint of pale pink on the apples of your cheeks
* For a rosier hue dust it onto your cheekbones or all over your face
Royal Effem’s Extra Luminous Colour duo eyeshadow (€24 ) can be used wet or dry and is water resistant, the perfect choice if you are prone to shedding a few tears.
The makers claim it is long lasting providing colour even hours after application.
To accentuate your eyes use a large eyeshadow brush to apply a base colour, working from the inner corner of the eye over the eyelid and up to the eyebrow. When you have a prominence of colour on the lid you should then soften it up. This will open up the eye and create a base. Mixing classic colours with the season’s latest shades is a great way of extending your choice.
* Royal Effem products are available from Astara Beauty, Ballinasloe,
Sea Breeze, Orantown Centre, Oranmore and Nadias Beauty Salon, Loughrea.