Find out about Galway’s history and heritage

The latest edition of Galway’s Heritage is out now and features a photograph of Griffin’s Bakery and some staff members in the 1920s.

The main article in the current edition looks at heraldic carvings from the late 1700s which have been found in The King’s Head. There is also a feature on Galway’s waterways and canals, a short piece on a Galway based RIC rugby team, the Bohermore 98’s hurling club, and an article on John Philip Holland, the Clareman who invented the submarine. There are also numerous book reviews.

The magazine is produced by the Galway City Council and is edited by the council’s heritage officer Jim Higgins. It is available free of charge from City Hall, the Galway City Library, and the Westside Library.

Advertisement

 

Page generated in 0.1859 seconds.