The inaugural Carnmore Mile will take place on Sunday at the Carnmore hurling pitch near Galway Airport. The event is a unique fundraiser in aid of Carnmore Camogie Club and Galway Hospice which is billed as a family fun event. The club is inviting people of all ages to participate in this one mile run walk.. or crawl. Anybody interested should arrive at Carmore pitch between 12 and 2pm. All participates, who will receive a commemorative Carnmore Mile cap and a certificate of completion, are requested to raise a minimum of €20 to be handed in at registration on the morning of the walk. Further details are available from any member of the Carnmore Camogie Club.
- Connacht’s chance to restore some pride against Leinster
- AIB League kicks off with tricky assignments
- Corofin can stop a happy ending to Cortoon’s fairytale
- Killanin will fancy their chances
- Clarenbridge can push Portumna all the way
- Gort joins Athenry in opposing move to Leinster
- The best of intermediate talent on show this weekend
- Where does your ticket money go?
- Portumna voted Ireland’s best hurling club
- Galway camogie fixtures
- Oughterard celebrates centenary
- Carr’s moment of magic spurs Connacht to victory