The hip joint is one of the largest joints in our body and it plays a vital role in our movement, it can move forward, backward and rotate.
Pain can be temporary or chronic depending on the condition.
HERE ARE ONLY SOME OF THE CAUSES:
1. ARTHRITIS is a common condition which can be inflammatory or non inflammatory. There are many different types of Arthritis it can affect young as well as old.
2. INJURY which can be mild or severe and in some cases can lead to fractures, and dislocation which may require hospitalisation and surgery.
3. SPORTS INJURY/SPRAIN which can be mild or severe leading to muscular damage and can lead to sciatica.
4. INFECTION in the hip joint or also known as septic arthritis if not treated promptly can lead to long term and sometimes serious complications, such as osteomyelitis.
5. HEAMONTANA or collection of blood in the hip joint is usually a result of an injury and can become very painful and may require surgical intervention.
6. HIP PAIN due to a condition called ILEO –TIBIAL BAND SYNDROME is also quite a painful condition.
7. A BIG THICK WALLET in your back pocket can also result in pain in your hip and buttock sometimes resulting in Sciatica.
8. IF YOU DRIVE FOR LIVING especially without taking adequate breaks or if you lead a sedentary lifestyle that can also result in pain in the hip, back, or neck.
10. PSORIASIS CAN BE A CAUSE OF ARTHRITIS (Psoriatic Arthritis )
11. INGUINAL HERNIA (Hernia in your groin ).
12. TENDINITIS and there are many more causes of hip pain.
Limping, groin pain, swelling, joint may look red, hot and tender to touch. You might find difficulty sleeping due to pain and have restricted, stiff and painful movements.
In our clinic we use a multi pronged approach in treating this and many conditions with evidence based therapies such as Micro-immunotherapy, Physiological Regulating Medicine (P.R.M ), Gut Health and Microbiome restoration, Nutritional and Nutraceutical therapies, Lifestyle Medicine, Natural Hormonal Balancing, Glandular support, Soft tissue and joint support, Complex Homeopathy, Herbals, and Needle free Medical Acupuncture, Therapeutic Mindfulness and CBT techniques to achieve excellent results.
Holistic Health & Stress Clinic is now at URBAN wellbeing, Tuam Road, Galway, Ireland.
For appointment please call us on 00353871915051
We acknowledge the contribution of all authors and researchers.
Dr Bhatti is a qualified Medical Doctor with a Postgraduate Diploma from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in Ireland. He has worked in all the main hospitals in Galway, Port Washington Hospital, Milwaukee General Hospital, Wisconsin USA. He has worked in the fields of medicine, chest medicine, surgery, cardiology, orthopaedics, skin, paediatrics, geriatrics, psychiatry and has over 30 years practise and teaching experience in the field of complementary medical care.
Always consult your G.P. first for any medical advice and to rule out any serious illness or before starting any new regime or self treatment. The contents of this article are for informational purposes only and are not intended to prevent, diagnose or cure any medical conditions. The publisher of this article or any information provided on this site including text, graphics, images, cannot be held responsible for any errors or any consequences arising from the use of the information contained in this article or this site or its pages. In case of an emergency always contact your Doctor and the emergency services immediately.