A career as a driver of chemical and dangerous goods

We are all familiar with oil trucks and vans driving around the countryside. However we may not realise that some trucks are carrying dangerous goods, ie, chemicals, gases, flammable liquids, infectious substances, radioactive material, or corrosive substances. Strict regulations apply to the drivers of these trucks. They must be trained and certified as ADR drivers. ADR is the name given by the EU to the transport of dangerous goods, and these regulations go back as far as 1957.

To become a certified ADR/hazardous chemical driver you must complete a three day basic or five day tanker course and pass the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT ) exam.

So if you have a truck or van licence then why not increase your career options and get an ADR driver training certificate. This training is available at the Western Management Centre in Galway. The next course is starting on Monday April 30. The course covers the transport of goods by road in tanks, bulk, and packages. It also includes the packing, loading, filling, and unloading of the goods. The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport exams are held in Galway on a monthly basis.

For further details on this course and other health and safety courses, contact the Western Management Centre at 091 528777/087 6158305, email [email protected], or see www.wmcgalway.com



Page generated in 0.0656 seconds.