Liz Greehy of Ireland’s biggest online fashion and beauty magazine, StyleBible.ie, offers her fashion tips for winter 2010.
1. Leather is playing such an important part this season - I would suggest a great pair of leather pants or a sumptuous leather skirt, either a foxy A-line version or a floor length maxi-skirt.
2. Of course a coat is always important in the winter, but this year the coat takes on a more important role than ever as the loveable trench and the three-quarter length camel seem to virtually take over. You will also see some statement printed coats this season in sophisticated 60s inspired cuts.
3. A pair of laced-up biker style boots will be a great addition to your winter wardrobe, from seriously hard biker chic, complete with thick soles and buckles, to the slightly more muted versions. This kind of boot can be worn teamed with a funky little dress to grunge up a more feminine look.
4. Shearling and lace: Think lace gloves, lace collars, and lace trims, adding femininity and a certain air of luxury to any look. As for shearling, you simply can’t escape it, with shearling lined coats, boots, aviator jackets, and even shearling-lined handbags!
5. Oozing old time glamour, the shift dress can be sexy in a subtle way. Keep away from garish prints and keep accessories to a bare minimum, remember to go for smokey, sultry make-up and classic soft hair, and you are only an outfit away from being a truly glamorous bombshell.