Search Results for 'Catchment Flood Risk Assessment'
8 results found.
Minister of State for the Office of Public Works (OPW), Kevin ‘Boxer’ Moran was joined by Taoiseach Leo Varadkar in Athlone last Thursday to launch a 10-year, €1bn programme of investment in flood relief measures.
Taoiseach Leo Varadkar will join Minister Kevin “Boxer” Moran to launch the national Flood Risk Management Plans at the Shamrock Lodge Hotel, Athlone, on Thursday May 3, at 10.30am.
Funding of €9.5 million is to be provided to Galway for protection works against flooding, as well as for works on the city’s waterways. The funding has been allocated by Minister of State for the Office of Public Works, Kevin ‘Boxer’ Moran.
Mayo Senator Michelle Mulherin has called for an update on the delivery of the Crossmolina flood defences. Speaking in the Seanad, Senator Mulherin said: “In September 2015, €430 million was put into a pot for investment in various schemes around the country. I know one such scheme is earmarked for my own area of Crossmolina.
Minister of State with responsibility for the Office of Public Works (OPW) and Flood Relief, Seán Canney, says there was a “record” level of investment in addressing and alleviating flood risk in 2016.
Mayo County Council had made numerous applications to the Office of Public Works for funding under a minor works scheme to make improvements to the Bachelors Walk area of the town, which has had a history of flooding and came under threat of flooding again recently, but had been turned down by the OPW on each of its previous applications. The council has a fresh application for funding under this scheme and this time around is hopeful of getting funding.
Mayo Fine Gael TD Michelle Mulherin has said this week that €480,000 funding is being sought to build a flood barrier at Bachelors Walk in Ballina to prevent flooding from the River Moy. The news comes following a meeting of Deputy Mulherin, Junior Minister with Special responsibility for the OPW Simon Harris, and Mayo County Council officials.