Skoda's new 4X4 range now on sale
Skoda Ireland unveiled its new range of 4X4 vehicles at last month’s Ploughing Championships.
Available now to test drive across their retail network, Skoda’s 4X4 range are powered by the latest common rail Diesel engines coupled to the innovative Haldex Clutch that distributes drive between the front and rear wheels as required.
Following the chaos created due to last winter’s driving conditions, Skoda aims to meet the needs of Irish motorists by providing real mobility solutions and safety through their 4X4 technology while maintaining low emissions and fuel economy.
Low emissions and economy are key to affordability and Skoda’s range are sub 163 g/km ensuring the Octavia and Yeti derivatives all fall into Band C with annual road tax of €302 while the Superb achieves Band-D with annual road tax of €447.
“The manoeuverability and reliability of 4X4 driving was once the preserve of the large SUV,” said marketing manager Raymond Leddy.
“Increasing fuel prices and CO2 based taxation has since seen their popularity decline. Skoda’s 4X4 capability coupled with low tax band and fuel efficient Diesel engines offers an affordable alternative to traditional SUV’s this winter.”
People are encouraged to call in to their local Skoda dealer and test drive the new 4X4 models which will be available to test drive during an open week at local dealerships from the beginning of November. As an added incentive, those who undertake a test drive will receive a free winter driving pack which will be particularly useful coming in the months ahead.
The cornerstone to Skoda's 4X4 offering is the application of the Haldex clutch. During normal driving approximately 95 per cent of the torque is delivered to the front axle and the remaining 5 per cent to the rear.
When a given wheel or wheels lose traction the Haldex clutch instinctively redistributes the torque to wheels that have traction. Four wheel drive combined with ESP stability systems enable Skoda 4X4 drivers to safely manoeuvre in difficult road conditions similar to what was experienced last winter.
Leading the charge for Skoda's 4X4 range is the Skoda Yeti 2.0 TDI 170 bhp. Residing in Tax Band C, the Skoda Yeti 4x4 results in an annual road tax of €302 for motorists.
The Skoda Yeti 4X4 comes with a wide range of features as standard including:
Seven airbags including curtain airbags and a driver knee airbag; an impressive Bolero touch screen sound system with integrated 6-CD changer, SD and MMC card reader; a VarioFlex adaptable seating and transporting solution; 17” Spitzberg alloy wheels; and dual zone climate control.