Memoriams > Acknowledgements
Galway Advertiser, 16/05/13.
- FAHY MARY (Nee WALSH) Woodquay. Who passed away 15th April 2013 in her 92nd year. Mary's sons, daughters, grandchildren, great grandchildren, sons-in-law, daughters-in-law and extended family, would like to express their heartfelt gratitude to those who sympathised with us on the sad loss of our much loved Mother. A sincere thank you to all who called to the house, attended the removal, funeral Mass and burial, especially those who travelled long distances. We thank all those who sent Mass cards, messages of sympathy and floral tributes. We with to express our deepest gratitude to the Ambulance crew, Paramedics and all the team in the A&E, also the cardiac teams in both the HDU and intensive care units. To Fr Martin Downey who administered a final blessing to Mother. Your words were of the greatest comfort. To the Franciscan Fathers in the Abbey, where Mother loved to visit and pray for the past 60 years, a sincere thank you for the beautiful requiem Mass, especially to Fr Ralph Lawless, Fr Sean, and Fr Declan. Thank you also to Margaret Duggan and the organist for the beautiful singing and music. We wish to express our sincere gratitude to Dr Colm O'Flaherty and his team, who was Mother's GP for all the great care and attention she received over many years. To Willie, Cathriona and Mike of O'Flaherty's Funeral Undertakers for their professional and sympathetic care, a sincere thank you. To the gravediggers and all who helped in preparing Mother's final resting place, thank you. To all in Regans of Clonboo, thank you for taking such good care of us. Please accept this acknowledgement as a token of our appreciation. The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass will be offered for your intentions. Month's Mind Mass Sunday 19th May at 12.30 in the Abbey Church, Francis St.
- HUGHES MICHAEL (MICKEY) Hughes Bar Woodquay, Galway, who died 8th April 2013. Breege, Bernie, Pat, Mike, Raymond, David, Bryan and John, together with Michael's extended family, would like to express their sincere gratitude to all who supported us on the recent sad loss of our much loved father and Gog. Thanks to all who called to the house, telephoned, attended the removal, funeral Mass and burial, all who travelled long distances to be with us, those who sent Mass cards, messages of sympathy and enrolment cards. Thanks to all those who donated generously to the Stroke Unit of UHG. A special thanks to Fr Pat Whelan, PP, St Patrick's Church, Fr Ralph Lawless, main celebrant and participating priests Fr David Cribben, Fr Ian O'Neill, Fr Willie Cummins, Fr Frank McGrath and Fr Joe Keogh for making the celebration of Michael's Mass so meaningful for us. Thanks to Deirdre Heverin for the beautiful music and singing during the Mass. Sincere thanks to the doctors, nurses and staff of St Teresa's Ward, UHG, for their exceptional care and kindness to Michael and our family during his hospital stay. Thanks to Liam Mellows hurling club for the Guard of Honour and also to the Liam Mellows minor squad and mentors for their lovely gesture. Thanks to Joe Irwin and his staff for their professionalism and sensitivity. Thanks to the staff of the New Cemetery, Bohermore for preparing Michael's final resting place. Thanks to the staff of Crowe's pub and the staff of the Ardilaun Hotel for looking after us so well. Thanks to Michael's loyal neighbours and friends for their visits over the years, and to his friday night card gang who meant so much to him. Finally, to you, Dad, thanks for the wonderful memories. As it would be impossible to thank everyone individually, please accept this acknowledgement as a token of our heartfelt thanks. The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass will be offered for your intentions. Month's Mind Mass Sunday 19th May at 12 noon in St Patrick's Church, Forster St.
- QUIRKE MARY Fursey Rd, Shantalla, who passed away on 13th April 2013 in her 96th year. RIP. We, the sons, daughters, sisters, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, grandchildren, great grandchildren, nieces, nephews, would like to thank most sincerely all those who sympathised with us in our recent sad bereavement. To all those who called to the house, attended the funeral Mass and burial, sent Mass cards and messages of sympathy. A special thank you to all our relatives, neighbours and friends for their wonderful support, kindness and generosity over the funeral days. Thanks to Mgsr Malachy Hallinan and Fr Kevin Keenan who celebrated her funeral Mass. To Fr Martin Downey who called to anoint her and to Fr David Murphy who had her in his prayers and being a family friend. To Margaret Duggan who sang so beautifully at the Mass. To Robert Conneely Undertakers and staff for their professionalism and to the gravediggers in Rahoon Cemetery. To Dr Dan Murphy who cared for Mam over the years. To Julie Fitzpatrick who called every week to give her Communion. To Mary McNally for doing Mam's hair over the years. To Mary O'Connell, district nurse, we thank you. To Prionsias Moughan and staff at the Pharmacy in Cooke's Corner for their help over the years. A special thank you to Eileen Kelly and staff of the Alzheimers Society, to the Ardilaun Hotel who provided refreshments. And last, but not least, to her grandchildren and great grandchildren who provided a guard of honour, she would have been very proud of them all. As it would be impossible to thank everyone individually, please accept this acknowledgement as a token of our gratitude. The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass will be offered for your intentions. Month's Mind Mass will be celebrated on Sunday 19th May at 6.30pm, Sacred Heart Church, Westside.
- WARD PEGGIE Lenaboy Gardens, Salthill, Galway, who died 17th April 2013. We, Peggies family, Phyllis, Joan, Brenda, David and Caroline, and extended family members would like to express our sincere gratitude to all who sympathised with us on the recent death of our mother. Thank you all who attended her funeral, sent Mass cards and travelled to be with us. We are very grateful for the kindness of her many friends and neighbours who supported her during her later years. A special thanks to Golda for her wonderful care and friendship. Thanks to the priests of the parish who knew her, and to Sr Breda and the Parish Choir who made her funeral Mass so special. Thanks to her friend and doctor, Dan Murphy, and also to the A+E staff in UHG who looked after her with kindness and dignity. Thanks to Robert Conneely Undertakers who took care of all the arrangements. As it would be impossible to thank everyone individually, please accept this acknowlegement as a token of our appreciation. Month's Mind Mass Sunday 26th May at 12 noon in St Mary's Church, The Claddagh, Galway.
- DEVANEY CATHERINE (Nee BARRETT) Reddington Road, Shantalla, and formerly of Coolaghy, Moycullen, who passed away peacefully on 30th March 2013. We the family, Mary, Michael, James, Catherine and John, and all extended family and friends, wish to express our sincere thanks and appreciation to all those who sympathised and supported us during our recent sad loss. We are grateful to all those who attended the removal, funeral Mass and burial, those who travelled long distances, and those who sent messages of condolences. Special thank you to the doctors and nursing staff at St Pius Ward, UCH, where Catherine spent her last remaining weeks, for their exceptional care and support, Bluebird Nursing Care who became her constant and caring companions in her latter years, and Monsignor Malachy Hallinan, Sacred Heart Church, Westside, her great friend and pastor. As it is impossible to thank everybody, please accept this acknowledgement as a token of our appreciation to everyone. Catherine's Month's Mind Mass will be on Sunday 19th May 2013 at 11am, Sacred Heart Church, Westside.