Santa’s homeland is the stuff of fairytales. Snow-dusted pine forests, cosy log cabins, and more reindeer than people, all add to the magic. Even with only a day to spare Fahy Travel has a trip to help you fit in as much as possible. Whether you want to join elf school, decorate cookies with Mrs Claus, or zoom down ice slides, you will find it on these trips.
Santa’s secret grotto Rovaniemi day trip
• Fly to Rovaniemi - Santa’s elves will meet you at the airport and whisk you off to the Santa Park where you will pick up your Lappish passport.
• Train ride - hop onboard the Santa Park’s train and head behind the scenes at the toy factory. Ever wondered what an elf gets up to in summer? You will soon find out.
• Elf school - see if you have got what it takes to make the grade as one of Santa’s faithful assistants. Graduate and you will get a special certificate.
• Biscuit decorating - nothing beats putting the finishing touches to freshly-baked biscuits with Mrs Claus and the elves.
• Santa’s post office - bring a few extra euros to send a postcard from Santa’s own post office.
• The great outdoors - slip on a snowsuit and hit the white stuff. Enjoy taster sessions on reindeer and husky sleigh rides, as well as snowmobiling, sledging, and mini-skidoo rides.
• Arctic storytelling - step inside a traditional Lappish tent as a local guide shares age-old legends about the region.
• Meet Santa - This is the chance to meet the big man himself. Remember to bring along your letter from the front of this brochure so he knows what you would love for Christmas.
• Home time - The elves will join you on the journey back to the airport, ready for your flight home.
Fahy Travel fly to Rovaniemi from Dublin International Airport.
Price includes direct flights, transfers according to the programme, guides, thermal equipment for outdoor activities (excluding infants ); overalls, boots, woollen socks, scarf, gloves, mentioned activities at Santa Park, a personal Arctic Circle Crossing certificate, and a Lappish passport. Lunch in Santa Park is included in the price.
Price includes airport taxes and charges and Government departure tax (subject to change and is included in the prices above ). Remember to add holiday insurance. Maximum child age is 12 years.
For more information drop into 2/3 Bridge Street, Galway, or contact 091 594 747 or visit www.fahytravel.ie