O’Donnellan & Joyce auctioneers has just launched its midsummer auction which will take place on June 27 in the Harbour Hotel, Galway. The auction will be split into a morning and afternoon session.
The morning session will commence with registration at 10am and the live auction from 11am. The morning session will feature mainly commercial, land, and investment properties. The registration for the afternoon session commences at 1.30pm with the live auction from 3pm. The afternoon session will feature a large combination of residential properties and investment properties. All of the afternoon residential properties come to the O’Donnellan & Joyce property auction under private instruction with a number of these probate sales (executors on behalf of deceased ) with prices ranging from €68,000 to €390,000.
O’Donnellan & Joyce anticipates enormous interest in this auction, particularly after the huge success of its last auction on May 9, which was the first ever all day auction held outside Dublin. The June auction will see a large number of Galway city centre homes and apartments coming to the market in extremely popular locations such as The Claddagh, Woodquay, Henry Street, and Cross Street, as well as Taylor’s Hill and Salthill. These are well established and popular locations and never fail to attract huge interest from potential purchasers. According to O’Donnellan & Joyce good, well-established locations are attracting the most interest at the moment. The auction will leave buyers spoilt for choice with a great selection of homes and investment properties that are centrally located in areas where there will always be demand for property.
The morning auction will feature a mixture of 18 commercial properties, residential investments, and land sales. Registration commences at 10am for these properties only.
1. Johsua Tree, Dunmore, Co Galway: This premises is located in the heart of Dunmore village, approximately a 10 minute drive from Tuam. It has a full seven day public licence. AMV is €65,000. Open viewing Sundays 12 noon to 1pm.
2. The Laurels, Kilmaine, Co Mayo: This is a partially completed development of six terraced homes. One end of terrace house is fully complete, while another is 50 per cent complete. AMV is €80,000. Open viewings Sundays 1.30pm to 2.30pm.
3. Burren Walking Lodge, Ballyvaughan, Co Clare: A purpose built 11 bedroom guest house with a separate four bedroom bungalow which was previously used as staff quarters, located in a popular tourist destination. AMV is €200,000. Open viewings Tuesdays 6.30pm to 8pm.
4. St Rita’s, 18 Shantalla Road, Galway: A four bedroom bungalow located close to NUIG and UHG, within walking distance of the city centre. AMV is €135,000. Open viewings Wednesdays and Saturdays 12.30pm to 1.30pm.
5. Unit 3 Bruach na hAbhainn, Spiddal: A retail unit of 423sq ft located in Spiddal village with direct frontage onto the main Spiddal road. AMV is €35,000. Open viewings Sundays 4pm to 5pm.
6. Nos 22 and 23 Auburn Way, Ballymahon, Co Longford: Partially completed to a first fixing level, these two four bedroom architecturally designed semi-detached properties each extend to c1,292sq ft. Located on the Athlone Road in the centre of Ballymahon, these homes are being sold individually. AMV is €35,000 each. Open viewings Thursdays 7pm to 8pm.
7. Cleggan, Connemara: A three bedroom bungalow located in the charming village of Cleggan, 12km from Clifden, ‘the capital of Connemara’. AMV is €110,000. Open viewings Sundays 2pm to 3pm.
8. Nos 3 and 3A Marina Point, Ballinasloe: These are two separate buildings being sold as individual lots. Both properties are fully rented with tenants on the ground floor retail areas and first floor office space. AMV is €100,000 each. Open viewings Thursdays 5pm to 6pm.
9. A 2.1 acre site in Woodford, Co Galway: This site is located on the edge of Woodford village, approximately 39km from Ballinasloe. AMV is €10,000.
10. Two acre site, Clonbur, Co Galway: This site is in the heart of Clonbur village on the border of Galway and Mayo. AMV is €10,000.
11. Ten acres, Carramore, Loughrea: This land is located close to the Meadow Court Hotel and offers 200 yards of road frontage. AMV is €30,000.
12. Cois Abhainn, Kilmovee, Co Mayo: Three partially completed three bedroom semidetached homes are being sold individually, as well as a 1.2 acre development site. Each semidetached home comes with an AMV of €25,000. The site has an AMV of €5,000.
13. Commercial unit, Main Street, Craughwell: This high profile retail unit is located in Craughwell village, and offers 1,800sq ft of living space on the ground and first floors. AMV is €70,000. Viewing is by appointment.
The afternoon auction consists of 26 private dwelling houses. Registration commences at 1.30pm with the live auction from 3pm.
1. No 15 Lower Canal Road, Galway: A centrally located three bedroom semidetached home in need of refurbishment, in a stunning location with views over the canal. AMV is €220,000. Open viewings Thursdays and Saturdays 3.30pm to 4.30pm.
2. St Martin’s, 18 Lower Salthill, Galway: An excellent four bed semidetached home in a prime and much sought after location, just moments to the Promenade and a short stroll to the city centre. AMV is €350,000. Open viewings Thursdays and Saturdays 2pm to 3pm.
3. No 37 Whitestrand Road, Salthill: A substantial six bedroom detached residence located moments from the Promenade and Galway city centre. This home has been extended and modernised over the years. AMV is €350,000. Open viewings Thursdays and Saturdays 3.30pm to 4.30pm.
4. No 2B Waterside, Galway: Located in Woodquay overlooking the River Corrib is this very attractive three bedroom terraced home. Locations don’t come much better than this. AMV is €250,000. Open viewings Thursdays and Saturdays 5pm to 6pm.
5. No 7 Lower Fairhill Road, Claddagh: A stunning three bedroom bungalow in one of Galway’s most popular locations and an area that is known worldwide. The house has a large rear extension as well as off street parking. AMV is €200,000. Open viewings Thursdays and Saturdays 2pm to 3pm.
6. No 5 St Dominick’s Avenue, Claddagh: A two bedroom bungalow in need of refurbishment, located in the Claddagh on the edge of Galway Bay and moments from the city centre. AMV is €150,000. Open viewings Wednesdays and Saturdays 2pm to 3pm.
7. No 15 St John’s Terrace, Henry Street, Galway: This superb three bedroom terraced residence is in excellent condition. The property has been extended to the rear. This is a real city gem. AMV is €150,000. Open viewings Wednesdays and Saturdays 5pm to 6pm.
8. No 16 Raleigh Row, Galway: Centrally located, this two bedroom terraced home has been upgraded throughout. This is a quiet and well established location. AMV is €160,000. Open viewings Thursdays and Saturdays 9.45am to 10.45am.
9. No 55 Dalysfort Road, Salthill: A four bedroom terraced residence overlooking Salthill Park. AMV is €330,000. Open viewings commence Thursday June 12.
10. No 7 Lane House, Cross Street, Galway: A very attractive three bedroom city centre apartment in pristine condition throughout, this would prove an excellent residential investment. AMV is €130,000. Open viewings Wednesdays and Saturdays 9.45am to 10.45am.
11. No 15 Commerce Court, Flood Street, Galway: This two bedroom city centre apartment moments from the Spanish Arch would be an excellent investment or city home. AMV is €125,000. Open viewings Thursdays and Saturdays 9.45am to 10.45am.
12. No 1 Court Avenue, Woodquay, Galway: A two bedroom terraced residence in the city centre and moments from the River Corrib. AMV is €170,000. Open viewings Wednesdays and Saturdays 11am to 12 noon.
13. No 2 Rockbarton Court, Salthill: A spacious two bedroom apartment located beside Pearse Stadium, within walking distance of Salthill Promenade. AMV is €135,000. Open viewings Thursdays and Saturdays 12.30pm to 1.30pm.
14. No 54 Cruachan Park, Rahoon, Galway: A four bedroom detached residence in need of major refurbishment, located only two miles from the city centre and one mile from the Promenade. AMV is €130,000. Open viewings Wednesdays and Saturdays 5pm to 6pm.
15. No 48 Knocknacarra Park, Knocknacarra, Galway: This spacious four bedroom semidetached home would be an ideal first time buyer’s home in a popular residential area with all amenities nearby. AMV is €175,000. Open viewings Thursdays and Saturdays 12.30pm to 1.30pm.
16. No 172 Bohermore, Galway: A four bedroom terraced residence with a large rear garden. Located moments from Eyre Square, this would be an excellent investment property. AMV is €150,000. Open viewings Wednesdays and Saturdays 3.30pm to 4.30pm.
17. No 36 Maunsells Park, Taylor’s Hill, Galway: This superb four bedroom semidetached family home is finished to a very high standard, in a magnificent and sought after location just off Taylor’s Hill. AMV is €390,000. Open viewings Thursdays and Saturdays 5pm to 6pm.
18. No 39 Greenfields, Newcastle, Galway: A three/four bedroom semidetached residence with separate contained unit to rear, located close to NUIG, UHG, and across the road from the student village. AMV is €185,000. Open viewings Thursdays and Saturdays 11am to 12 noon.
19. No 125 Hazel Park, Newcastle, Galway: This substantial four/five bedroom detached residence, located close to NUIG, UHG, and Dangan Business Park, would be an excellent family home or investment property. AMV is €275,000. Open viewings Thursdays and Saturdays 11am to 12 noon.
20. No 32 Ashling Court, Renmore: This modern two bedroom apartment in Renmore close to Ballyloughane Beach has a large south facing balcony with views of Lough Atalia Bay. AMV is €220,000. Open viewings Wednesdays and Saturdays 12.30pm to 1.30pm.
21. No 136 Ros Caoin, Roscam, Galway: An excellent four bedroom semidetached home in superb condition throughout, with an enclosed rear garden and off street parking. AMV is €225,000. Open viewings Wednesdays and Saturdays 9.45am to 10.45am.
22. Ballinahalla, Moycullen: A beautiful five bedroom detached residence located within five minutes of Moycullen village, this is a bright, modern, spacious, home finished to the highest standards. AMV is €295,000. Open viewing Thursdays and Saturdays 2pm to 3pm.
23. No 56 Sailin, Wellpark, Galway: A modern three bedroom duplex apartment with patio and garden, located beside the g Hotel and Wellpark Retail Park. AMV is €130,000. Open viewings Wednesdays and Saturdays 2pm to 3pm.
24. No 30 Rockland Avenue, Ballybane, Galway: This three bedroom semidetached residence, standing on a mature corner site close to GMIT, requires some modernisation but has potential to provide the ultimate family home. AMV is €68,000. Open viewings Wednesdays and Saturdays 11am to 12 noon.
25. No 8 The Courtyard, Renville, Oranmore: An attractive two bedroom terraced home in the grounds of Galway Bay Golf & Country Club. AMV is €120,000. Open viewings Thursdays and Saturdays 11am to 12 noon.
26. No 116 Inishannagh Park, Newcastle, Galway: This three bedroom bungalow, located close to NUIG and UHG, would be an ideal starter home or perfect investment property. AMV is €80,000. Open viewing Wednesdays and Saturdays 3.30pm to 4.30pm.
For full details visit www.odonnjoyce.com or call the auction team of O’Donnellan & Joyce at (091 ) 564212.