Scarves have become one of the most versatile accessories for every outfit and any occasion. They will enhance your favourite casual outfit by giving it that special finishing touch. Here are the techniques to get maximum use out of your best accessory.
• A long scarf can double as a belt around the waist. Roll the scarf into a long strip and tie to the side with a knot. Make sure to choose a lightweight fabric, such as silk.
• A lightweight and pretty scarf like this one from Tommy Hilfiger is perfect when paired with an equally light blazer, jeans, and a tee for a casual chic look.
Scarf by Tommy Hilfiger.
• When wearing a plain top go for a patterned scarf; choose a plain scarf if you are wearing a patterned top.
• For a more unconventional look, twist a short scarf a couple of times around your wrist and knot into a cool bracelet, or wear over your jacket or mac to enhance your silhouette. If you feel adventurous, wear a pashmina as a halterneck top.
• Knot a scarf around the base of your handbag strap to transform a boring bag.
• Wear it as a hair band, like celebrity Nicole Richie, with the long tied end hanging over one shoulder.
• Tie it fully round your neck like actress Jessica Alba.
Remember to go for colours that suit you but also to keep the weight of the scarf in proportion to your frame. If you are tall go for medium to large size, if you are average height go for medium size, and if you are petite lightweight will suit you best.
For further information on this article or on personal shopping, wardrobe makeovers, or gift vouchers, contact Delilah on (087 ) 63 91 956. www.delilahfashionstylist.com
Don’t miss the Buy My Dress event today (Thursday ) in the Hotel Meyrick. This event is in aid of Down Syndrome Centre. Beautiful dresses will be on sale from 10am to 8pm and there will be some great bargains. For more details visit www.buymydress.ie